Students who terminate their course after the midpoint of
their course will not be refunded.
Refund Due Dates
- For students cancelling before arrival, refunds will be made within 45 calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the documented date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
- For an enrolled student, the refund due will be paid within 45 calendar days from the documented date on the student’s written notice of withdrawal.
- Any refunds due will be paid to the person or organisation who originally paid the fees.
- BEC reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 50 USD each time the course is changed or postponed after BEC has confirmed the initial enrolment. This also includes requests for changes whilst the student is at school.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2013 - FALLING ON A WEEKDAY:
1 Jan, 21 Jan, 18 Feb, 15 Apr (Boston only), 27 May, 4 Jul, 2 Sep, 14 Oct, 11 Nov, 28 Nov, 29 Nov
BEC reserves the right to reduce the number of contact hours and/or postpone a class due to insufficient number of students. The lessons may be reduced or postponed as follows:
- Secrets to IELTS: If fewer than 4 participants register at regular price (5 at discounted price) classes BEC reserves the right to postpone the course until class size reaches the set minimum.
LEVEL OF ENGLISH
If a student does not have the minimum level of English required to follow a specific course, as determined by BEC ’s Placement Test, BEC reserves the right to move the student to an appropriate course for their level.
Recipients of scholarship or government grants should expect to pay a deposit in cases where reimbursement to the school is not provided prior to the student commencing their course.
- Private lessons will be scheduled subject to teacher/ classroom availability.
- BEC reserves the right to use classrooms in alternative premises of a similar standard.
BEC will not be responsible for any failure to comply with any of its obligations (and therefore shall not be required to provide any compensation) if the failure is occasioned by any cause beyond BEC ’s reasonable control. Nor shall BEC be responsible for any costs incurred by or on behalf of the student as a result of any such cause. Such causes shall include but shall not be limited to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, unusually adverse weather conditions and infectious diseases.
Classes canceled as a result of a force major event will not be made up.
BEC reserves the right to expel students for unacceptable behavior or lack of attendance. No refund will be given. Repatriation is at student’s own expense.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
Students must pay the full cost of any damage they cause to property.
BEC does not offer health insurance
- Students must have adequate health, accident and travel insurance while attending any of our programs. BEC school require students to show a proof of health insurance upon arrival. Where proof is not available, students must immediately purchase at least one week’s insurance from BEC. BEC reserves the right to claim this cost from uninsured students, and during this week students must purchase insurance for their entire stay. Uninsured students may not attend class until proof of insurance is available, and will not be refunded for lost class time.
BEC will not be held liable for loss, damage or injury to persons or property.
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING
BEC may take promotional photographs and video footage of students. If students do not wish to participate, BEC will respect their wishes but it is students’ responsibility to absent themselves from the photograph/video.
Any claim relating to BEC's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.